Here are 10 good reasons to have a meditation space, prayer room, meditation room or sacred space in your home. People often think their lives are hectic, and wish they could find a way to bring some peace and quiet to their minds. Millions have taken meditation or yoga classes with this same wish. But how many actually follow through and gain the full result? How many give themselves the chance to see if meditation or yoga can really help, or really change their lives? I’m guessing that sadly the number is smaller than we would like to think. Loosing inspiration towards creating a dedicated meditation space for prayer and yoga is easy to correct.
Here are 10 reasons why you want a meditation place in your personal space:
- Seeing that space everyday, calling to you, inspires you to find the time
- The effort to create a space helps enforce the commitment
- No one will interrupt you when it’s separate and used only for its intended purpose
- It’s an escape from your daily responsibilities
- It leaves you with a feeling of having done something good for yourself
- The energy is conducive to quiet because nothing else takes place in the space
- Once you commit and begin, it gets so much easier with a space that’s ready
- There’s no prep, or excuse when it’s there and waiting for you
- It can change not just your life, but your family, friends and those around you
- You will inspire others to follow your example
That’s it! Simple and easy to understand, there is very little better than a dedicated meditation space. Once you complete work many people feel tired and grumpy and yearn for relief from stress. Instead of escaping into TV or a novel immediately, do a short meditation to let go of the stress. When you sit down in your space, and quiet your mind, it all stops, and you become one with the quiet for those moments. Enjoy!